Hi everyone! It’s still my vacation, so this is a scheduled post. Nevertheless, I wanted to say that I hope you all are as psyched for the new year as I am! Bring it on 2015! To kick off the new year, I decided to make a list of New Year’s resolutions since I feel it’s time to get going on some personal stuff that’s been bogging me down. The past autumn was incredibly grueling for me, and I don’t want to carry on like that for an entire year. So I’m consciously going to make things better for myself, or try to, with my list!
You’re probably thinking: why is she writing this on a nail blog? Well, I got so into the list-making that I decided to make a New Year’s resolutions list specifically relating to nail polish! Basically, it’s a list of what I want to do with my nail polish in the coming year. I’m absolutely open to any requests that you readers may have for me as to things you would like to see me do in the future, so let me know in the comments or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any suggestions/feedback for me. I’d love to hear from you! Really, I would. I get super excited when someone comments on my blog! Please do!
My New Year’s nail polish resolutions include:
1. Destash! I have more nail polish than I currently want, so I will be doing a destash/organizing purge at some point early on in the year. I’ll probably give away some bottles to friends and family, and dispose of bottles that I would only wish upon my worst enemy through the proper disposal procedures.
2. Finish the to-do list. On my phone, I keep a list of all the nail art ideas I think of so that I can keep them in mind for later and, well, I just don’t get around to very many of them. Usually, some spur-of-the-moment idea takes precedence over these older ideas, so they never get executed. This year, I’d like to finish all the ideas I wrote on the list, just to see if I can.
3. Monthly nail art themes. A verrrry long time ago on the blog, I mentioned wanting to do more five-part nail art series. I’d like to actually get around to doing this in the coming year, and perhaps making it a month-by-month theme. Like I could have one month feature manicures all of one color, and another month feature a particular kind of design. This could be fun!
4. More indie (independent) brands. Indie polishes unfortunately don’t make up a large portion of my nail polish collection, but I’m trying to direct more of my nail polish spending towards indie brands rather than large brands in the past few months. I’ve collected quite a few indie polishes by now, and I’m going to put them to use! Both nail art and swatches will be involved.
5. More glitter in nail art. I’m not super confident when using glitter polish in my nail art designs; most of the time, I do some sort of glitter gradient but that’s it. I’d like to figure out different ways of using glitter polish than just in a glitter gradient so that I can truly appreciate it in a manicure. Glitter placement may be happen if I’m feeling extra crazy one day.
6. 1 year anniversary. In May, my blog will have existed for one entire year and, assuming I’m still keeping this blog up and running, I’d like to do something special on my blog’s anniversary. A giveaway seems like the traditional option so I might go with that even though I haven’t really given it much thought yet.
7. More tutorials (including video!). I like doing tutorials because, well, I always like to see nail art tutorials myself, so I imagine there might be some people who read my blog and want to know how I do my nail art. Unfortunately, I’ve been rather pressed for time this past year, so getting tutorials together has been difficult. Next year, I want to do more tutorials, and maybe – if things go well – start making video tutorials. Let me know in the comments if you would be interested in seeing video tutorials if I made them!
8. Battle of the Dupes. I’ve been polishing my nails for long enough to suspect that some brands of nail polish might work better on my nails than others, and I want to see if that’s actually true. Given the size of my stash, I have managed to run into a couple of dupes, so, hey, why not put them against each other to somewhat objectively figure out which one is the best? This could be fun! Also, this should help me accomplish Goal #1.
That’s it for my New Year’s resolution list so far, anyways. I’m sure I’ll think of more stuff during the year that I could do, but eight resolutions seems like a good number to start with. Like I said before, if you have any suggestions for me, feel free to comment and tell me what you’d like to see on the blog this coming year. Thanks for reading, and Happy New Year!